Sprint to Offer Live NFL Network Game Telecasts
|Sprint today announced that it will be the only wireless carrier to offer live NFL Network game telecasts via its exclusive NFL Mobile Live application and on Sprint TV beginning Nov. 12 when NFL Network televises the first of its eight-game Thursday Night Football schedule. Both NFL Mobile Live and Sprint TV are available at no additional cost to Sprint data subscribers with a data plan.|
The first televised game features the San Francisco 49ers hosting the Chicago Bears on NFL Network. NFL Network’s Thursday night telecasts will be available to Sprint subscribers including games on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26) and special NFL Network games on Saturday, Dec. 19, and Christmas Day (Friday, Dec. 25).
One of Sprint’s most popular applications, NFL Mobile Live reached 1 million users more quickly than any other application in the company’s history during the 2008 season. Usage of NFL Mobile Live nearly tripled since the 2008 season, making it Sprint’s No. 2 most-popular sports and news app behind Sprint TV. Sprint subscribers can download NFL Mobile Live by texting NFL to 7777 (standard text-messaging rates apply). More information is available at www.sprint.com/nfl or www.nfl.com/sprint.
NFL Mobile Live
Only from Sprint. Only on the Now NetworkTM – America’s most dependable 3G network(1) – in addition to the eight live NFL Network Thursday Night Football game telecasts, fans get the instant gratification that NFL Mobile Live provides, including:
- live home and away radio broadcasts of every regular-season NFL game.
- a live telecast of NFL Network.
- a bevy of on-demand video highlights, including “Sprint Can’t-Miss Plays,” where fans can vote for their favorite of the top three plays each week of the season to be entered into the Sprint Can’t-Miss Plays sweepstakes and a chance to win one of 17 trips to Super Bowl XLIV.
- NFL Game Center featuring official real-time statistics and alerts from every NFL game.
- a “send to a friend” link, which allows customers to send “Can’t-Miss Plays” and other video highlights from their Sprint phone to other Sprint video-enabled phones.
- real-time text alerts when players or teams score, including video alerts.
- injury reports and breaking news with updates from ProFootballTalk.com.
- the latest team-specific information with blogs for all 32 NFL teams courtesy of SBNation.com.
- statistics and player bios.
- Nov. 12, Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers
- Nov. 19, Miami Dolphins at Carolina Panthers
- Nov. 26, New York Giants at Denver Broncos
- Dec. 3, New York Jets at Buffalo Bills
- Dec. 10, Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
- Dec. 17, Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Dec. 19, Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints
- Dec. 25, San Diego Chargers at Tennessee Titans
NFL Mobile Live is available on most Sprint handsets and is included at no additional charge with Sprint Everything plans with data starting at $69.99. It’s also included with the Simply EverythingTM plan, which combines unlimited nationwide voice, messaging and extensive data services for just $99.99 per month (monthly prices exclude Sprint surcharges and taxes). With other Sprint plans customers can get NFL Mobile Live by adding a Data Pack, starting at $15 per month.
Fans can find information on how to access NFL Mobile Live and a get a complete list of NFL Mobile Live compatible devices at www.sprint.com/nfl. Additionally, fans who need help setting up NFL Mobile Live, or those with additional questions, can visit their local Sprint Store to get a one-on-one tutorial from a trained associate with Sprint’s Ready Now retail program.
|& get our news delivered to your in-box!|