Google Maps for Android-Powered Phones Updated
|Google has launched an additional update to Google Maps for Android-powered phones to help users easily find out what businesses are nearby, try several experimental Labs features, and report problems with map data right from their mobile phone.|
Users can now easily see what businesses are nearby especially if they are in an unfamiliar place by long-pressing on the map, tapping on the bubble, and looking for "What's nearby?" in the menu.
The menu item shows a nearby business, and users can click on it to see more nearby places.
Users can also access this feature from the My Location menu or from address search results.
To access Labs, press the menu key, then "More", and then "Labs".
Users can now:
- Display a scale bar on the map, to get an idea of how far apart things on the map are
- Show a terrain layer, to help plan your hike or cross-country ski trip
- Search for popular categories, so you never have to type in "Vietnamese restaurant" or "bowling alleys" again
- Turn the blue My Location dot into a compass arrow that shows the direction you're facing when stationary
- Add a Layers button to the screen so you can quickly toggle layers like Traffic, Satellite, Latitude, and Transit Lines
|& get our news delivered to your in-box!|