Yahoo! Announce Global Partnership with Samsung for Mobile
Yahoo! today announced a strategic global partnership with Samsung to distribute Yahoo!’s industry-leading services on millions of Samsung mobile devices – including those running Samsung bada and Android platforms. Through this partnership Samsung will distribute Yahoo! services, including Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Front Page, Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Flickr, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Contacts, Yahoo! Calendar, and Yahoo! Weather on Samsung’s mobile devices globally, currently planned to begin in May 2010.
Samsung and Yahoo! have partnered since 2007 to provide consumers with innovative and engaging Internet experiences on mobile devices. The expansion of this relationship will give millions more Samsung device owners easy access to Yahoo!'s leading services.
Samsung phones may come pre-loaded with one or more Yahoo! branded services:
- Yahoo! Mail – Access your favorite Web mail features: Read, reply, compose and send mail; view attachments; get to your personal mail folders; and organize messages by customizable groups.
- Yahoo! Messenger – Message your friends reliably in real time: view their availability and quickly see their status messages; update your own status; and show your style with emoticons, avatars, or photos.
- Yahoo! Contacts and Calendar – Look up and/or add contact information and update your calendar.
- Yahoo! Mobile Front Page – Bring together your favorite content and services from anywhere across the Internet to one location.
- Yahoo! Search – Get exactly the information and answers you need when you are on the go. Search results are grouped around your query, providing the most relevant information on a single screen.
- Yahoo! Flickr – Take, share, and discover photos and videos; geo-tag photos; and email them to your Flickr account from your Samsung phone.
- Yahoo! News – Get the news you’re interested in on your phone. Choose what is relevant to you from a complete list of news categories, including entertainment, sports, business, technology, and more.
- Yahoo! Finance – Follow broad market indices or a specific company and read the day’s top news, research, and analysis to keep up-to-date about the financial world.
- Yahoo! Weather – View current weather conditions or a three-day forecast; search for weather conditions by city; find sunrise and sunset times; and get wind, visibility, humidity, and barometer readings.
|& get our news delivered to your in-box!|