MetroPCS Launches 4G LTE Service in the Tampa Metro Area
MetroPCS Communications, Inc. today expanded its 4G LTE service into the Tampa metropolitan area featuring the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, the world's first commercially available 4G LTE enabled Android smartphone with unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE web browsing. The Samsung Galaxy Indulge is available on MetroPCS 4G LTE service plans that range from $50 to $60 a month, including all applicable taxes and regulatory fees.
"As we have built-out our 4G LTE service across the nation, we continue to be dedicated to making our customers' lives easier by providing them with feature-rich smartphones that let them do more on our network," said Roger D. Linquist, president, CEO and chairman of MetroPCS. "The Samsung Galaxy Indulge offers the total package, allowing consumers to manage every aspect of their lives from their mobile phone, using the latest Android technology and our MetroPCS 4G LTE service."
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge Experience
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge is available in-store or online for $299 after a $100 mail-in rebate, plus tax. Customers can take advantage of all MetroPCS 4G LTE has to offer with the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, including:
- Data access to streaming audio, video and gaming content, downloads and Android applications.
- The latest Android 2.2 technology with quick access to more than 100,000 apps on the Android Market.
- A three megapixel camera and camcorder with auto-focus, music player, Stereo Bluetooth capabilities and expandable memory storage up to 32GB.
- MetroSTUDIO, powered by RealNetworks, delivers audio content over 4G LTE and Wi-Fi, and premium video content on the $60 plan from NBC Universal, Black Entertainment Television (BET) and Univision, available on-demand from one easy-to-use application.
- A social networking and instant messaging application which harnesses notifications from friends and content from Facebook, MySpace and Twitter and AIM, MSN and Yahoo! IM clients into a single interface that's accessible with one click.
With today's launch in the Tampa metropolitan area, MetroPCS' 4G LTE services are available in all MetroPCS's metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Boston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Sacramento and San Francisco. 4G LTE service is also available on the Samsung Craft, the world's first commercially available 4G LTE smartphone that launched in 2010.
|& get our news delivered to your in-box!|