4G Pantech Pocket Arrives at AT&T Stores in Time for Holidays
|Pantech Wireless, Inc., – the U.S.-based subsidiary of Pantech Co., Ltd., one of Korea's largest mobile phone manufacturers – announced the availability of Pocket, the company’s second Android smartphone for AT&T, on November 20 for $49.99. Powered by Android 2.3, this slender 4G device boasts an unconventionally wide SVGA touch-screen display, designed to enhance an array of entertainment applications from browsing and navigation, to social media and watching videos – all in a one-handed form. Additionally, Pocket’s oversized display features a spacious virtual keyboard, furthering Pantech’s commitment to creating top-tier messaging devices at competitive prices. Pocket will be one of the key handsets promoted during the three winter stops on the 2011-2012 Dew Tour, a coast-to-coast action sports tour of which Pantech is a title sponsor.|
Ideal for multimedia, e-reading, gaming and entertainment, Pocket has a durable, one-handed design complemented by beveled edges and a textured back. Its unique, wide screen boasts a 4:3 aspect ratio, which offers approximately 20 percent more viewing area than most other 4-inch display handsets.
Pocket features a highly customized Android OS, sporting a lock screen displaying a wheel surrounded by apps that are immediately activated when dragged into its center. In response to users’ widespread and growing desire to read books on their handsets, Pocket also is pre-loaded with Kindle by Amazon and Google Books.
“Pocket immediately stands out from the crowd of black glass handsets currently on shelves, while exceeding our customers’ entertainment and social media expectations,” said Wyatt Whaley, Vice President of Product Planning for Pantech Wireless. “Pantech has earned a great reputation for its dedication to providing new and fresh mobile experiences – and with a dramatically wider screen, 4G speeds and a healthy dose of customization, Pocket expands on that commitment.”
Pocket’s key features include:
- Oversized Touch-screen Display – 4-inch SVGA touch-screen features a 4:3 aspect ratio, perfect for watching videos, gaming, e-reading, navigation, web browsing and more. The large screen also provides a roomy virtual keyboard for quicker typing with fewer errors.
- Functional Design – Pocket’s slim form-factor is complemented by an easy-to-grip, durable exterior that is scratch resistant.
- High Speeds – Powered by 4G speeds, Pocket offers a zippy experience with multimedia, Internet and social entertainment.
- Longer Battery Life – Made possible by its wide design, Pocket includes an extra-large, removable battery.
- Versatile Camera – 5.0 megapixel camera features a host of custom photo settings and HD video options.
- e-Reading Apps – Amazon’s Kindle Reader and Google eBooks come pre-installed on Pocket.
Pocket is available on November 20 for $49.99 with a two-year commitment at AT&T company-owned retail stores and online at www.wireless.att.com.
|& get our news delivered to your in-box!|