iBOLT.co Apple Universal Charging Dock Wins CES 2012 Design and Engineering Award
|The iBolt Apple Universal Charging Dock, developed by Wireless Accessory Solutions LLC, garnered the prestigious CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award. The award was presented as part of the Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase at CES Unveiled, a media preview event in New York City.|
This prestigious award is sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, which has recognized achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. The Best of Innovations honor is awarded to the products with the highest judges’ scores and will be featured in the Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase at the 2012 International CES.
The product will be displayed at the 2012 International CES, which runs January 10-13, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The iBolt Apple Universal Charging Dock and other honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: the Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 8 in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian.
The Innovations entries were judged on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
- Products chosen as an Innovations honoree reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
- Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
“We are proud and very excited to be an honoree in the prestigious CES Innovation award,” said Mikael Petersson, WAS’s Managing Director and co-founder. “The iProDock Alumina Series is perhaps the first holder and mount product line designed to truly match the stunning iPhone/iPod Touch in terms of style and functionality.
With most everyone using the excellent GPS Navigation features in the iPhone, combined with increased hands-free legislation worldwide forbidding drivers to hold the phone in one hand and the steering wheel in the other, the iProDock Alumina will quickly become a must-have. Our design is also compatible with popular protective cases such as the Otterbox Defender and Ballistic Hard Core cases.”
|& get our news delivered to your in-box!|