BlackBerry 10 Customers Will Have a Great Selection of Top Apps
A phenomenal lineup of top brands and applications have committed to the BlackBerry 10 platform, giving the new platform the strongest content offering of any first generation mobile platform at launch. Yesterday at the BlackBerry 10 launch event in New York, BlackBerry announced that 1000 of the top app partners will be making their applications available on the BlackBerry World storefront. The partners range from leaders in social media to the top games, sports, productivity, lifestyle apps, and more.
BlackBerry Vice President of Global Alliances and Business Development, Martyn Mallick took to the stage yesterday to showcase some of applications committed to BlackBerry 10, and attendees were able to play with some of the applications for the new platform.
"Being able to announce 1000 of the top app partners is a testament to the strength of BlackBerry 10, the ease of developing for this powerful new platform, and the remarkable opportunity that it represents for developers and brands alike," said Mallick. "We have focused on bringing the most relevant apps to BlackBerry 10 - whether they are global leaders in their categories, or whether they are regional must-have apps. We are thrilled and want to thank all the developers that have shown such strong support of a platform before it has commercially launched. We share in their excitement and belief in BlackBerry 10."
Here are just some of the apps and games committed to BlackBerry 10. Many of these apps will be available at launch with others to follow:
Business and Productivity
Bloomberg, BMC Service Desk & Remedy, Box, Cisco WebEx Meetings, Citrix Podio, CNBC, Dictionary.com, Emirates NBD, Harmon.ie, IBM Notes Traveler, ING DIRECT Canada, Nat West, RBC, RBS, SAP, TD Bank Group and Thomson Reuters
- 10tons: Sparkle, Joining Hands, Azkend, King Oddball, Azkend2, Ironworm, Dragon Portal and Boom Brigade 2
- Disney Mobile Games: Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry?
- Electronic Arts: A great selection of their top games including, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Flight Control Rocket, The Sims FreePlay and MONOPOLY Millionaire
- Fishlabs: Galaxy on Fire
- Funkoi: Alpha Zero
- Gameloft: A great selection of their top games, including Asphalt 7: Heat, The Amazing Spider-Man, Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, The Dark Knight Rises
- Halfbrick: Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja
- JoyBits: Doodle God & Doodle Devil
- Rovio: Angry Birds Classic, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Bids Space and Angry Birds Seasons
- SEGA: Sonic4 Episode 1
- ZeptoLab- Cut the Rope, Cut the Rope: Experiments
- AccuWeather, Air Canada, Air France, DStv Mobile, Dr. Oetker Rezeptideen, Easyjet, FlightAware, Flixster, KLM, Manulife Financial, President's Choice Recipe Box, SkyScanner, Spotcast, StubHub, The Weather Channel, The Weather Network, Tim Hortons TimmyMe, United Airlines, Wikitude, WisePilot, Yellow Pages Group and Zara
- Absolute Radio, Al Jazeera, Allociné, Astral Radio, BBC Worldwide- Top Gear, BubblePix, Channel 4, Corus Entertainment- Radio, Deezer, E! Online, eMusic, Europe 1, Kiss Kube, MTV Italia, Nobex Radio, NOS, N-TV Nachrichten, Occipital 360 Panorama, OxygenLive, Pacemaker, PaperCamera, Rdio, Shahid.net, SiriusXM, Slacker, Songza, SoundHound, TuneIn, and Volu.me
- AFP News, Amazon Kindle, CBC (News, Radio, Music, Hockey Night in Canada), Economist, elmundo.es, El Pais, Grazia Italy, Handlesbaltt, kicker, Leo Dictionary, MailOnline, Maxim, News24, New York Times, NU.nl, PressReader, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, The Independent, The London Evening Standard, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and Wirtschaftswoche
- Badoo, Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, ooVoo, Skype, Tuenti Social Messenger, Twitter, Viber, Whatsapp and Xing
- CBSSports.com, ESPN ScoreCenter, Goal.com, L'equipe, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment's Maple Leafs Mobile App and Raptors Mobile App, MLB.com At Bat, NHL GameCenter, PGA Tour, Runtastic, Sports Tracker and UFC